NCCoE Learning Series Webinar
Date/Time: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 | 3 p.m. EDT Duration: 30 minutes plus Q&A Technical Level: Foundational
Since 2013, the NIST National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) has been supplying cybersecurity guidance and example solutions to help utilities and operators of critical energy infrastructure protect the complex IT and operational technology systems that power our economy. The University of Maryland (UMD) has been a key collaborator in those efforts.
Join us for a fireside chat when we will explore:
- why protecting energy sector assets is challenging
- what motivated UMD to partner with the NCCoE on energy sector cybersecurity
- how cybersecurity capabilities can deliver operational efficiencies for energy companies
- NCCoE resources for securing energy sector assets and data, and plans for future guidance
We will reserve 15 minutes at the end of the webinar for questions.
- Don Hill, Assistant Director of the Engineering and Energy Facilities Performance Group, University of Maryland at College Park
- Jim McCarthy, Senior Security Engineer, Energy Sector Project Lead, NIST NCCoE