Thursday, July 29, 2021
NCCoE Learning Series Webinar
Date/Time: Thursday, July 29, 2021 | 3 p.m. EDT
Duration: 30 minutes plus Q&A
Technical Level: Foundational
The healthcare sector is a critical component of the nation’s infrastructure. With its complex network of internet connectivity and vast amounts of data, the healthcare sector is one of the primary targets for cyber criminals. How is the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) addressing some of the healthcare sector’s most pressing cybersecurity and privacy needs?
Join the NCCoE on Thursday, July 29 at 3 p.m. EDT for a fireside chat to examine:
- Existing guidance the NCCoE Healthcare Sector Project Team has available for the industry to implement, including:
- Securing Telehealth Remote Patient Monitoring Ecosystems
- Securing Picture Archiving and Communications Systems
- Securing Wireless Infusion Pumps
- Securing Electronic Health Records on mobile devices
- Telehealth security and privacy tips for providers and patients
- How the NCCoE Healthcare Sector Project Team engages with public and private-sector collaborators on their work
- Future work and planned activities by the Healthcare Sector Project Team
We will also reserve 15 minutes at the end of the webinar for questions.
Fireside Chat Participants:
Ronald Pulivarti is the Project Lead Engineer for Cybersecurity in the Healthcare Sector at the NIST NCCoE. Mr. Pulivarti has a strong technical background and cybersecurity experience in multiple high value asset applications. Prior to NIST, Mr. Pulivarti worked within the Department of Health and Human Services and has served in many IT leadership roles for over 20 years.
Nakia Grayson is an IT Security Specialist who leads Supply Chain Assurance work at the NIST NCCoE. She is also a part of the Privacy Engineering Program at NIST, where she supports the development of privacy risk management best practices, guidance, and communications efforts. Ms. Grayson serves as the Contracting Officer Representative for NIST cybersecurity contracts. Previously, she led the Healthcare Sector projects at the NCCoE.