During this engaging panel discussion in recognition of Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week and Cybersecurity Awareness Month, attendees will meet participants who have gained valuable hands-on experiences through work-based learning experiences at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE). Join us to hear about the types of projects they worked on, what internship program they were a part of, where they are now, and how they think this experience contributed to their preparations for a rewarding career in cybersecurity or privacy.
Moderated by Davina Pruitt-Mentle, Lead for Academic Engagement, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE), attendees will:
- Hear the experiences of those who are current or past interns with NIST at the NCCoE and NICE
- Understand how internships can be used as a pathway into a cybersecurity career
- Explore how you can get involved in NIST’s applied cybersecurity and privacy internship programs
- Learn more about Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
- Engage in lively Q&A with panelists and the moderator
This webinar is jointly hosted by the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) and the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
- Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Student Employment and Internship Opportunities at NIST
- NICE Community Coordinating Council Working Groups
- Academic Engagement at the National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
Recording Note: Portions of the event may be recorded and audience Q&A or comments may be captured. The recorded event may be edited and rebroadcast or otherwise made publicly available by NIST. By registering for — or attending — this event, you acknowledge and consent to being recorded.