The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST’s) National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) issued a Federal Register Notice today inviting cybersecurity vendors and other interested collaborators to participate in the latest NCCoE Data Security projects:
- Data Confidentiality: Identifying and Protecting Assets and Data Against Data Breaches (DCIP)
- Data Confidentiality: Detect, Respond to, and Recover from Data Breaches (DCDRR)
Data breaches can have far-reaching operational, financial, and reputational impacts. These NCCoE projects will provide practical solutions to identify and protect the confidentiality of an enterprise’s data, as well as detect, respond to, and recover from incidents that affect data confidentiality.
The NCCoE chose to address data confidentiality in two concurrent projects to provide modular, adaptable guidance rather than take an all-or-nothing approach. In addition, two projects allow multiple scenarios for preventing and reacting to a data breach or other loss of data confidentiality.
Potential collaborators may participate in one or both projects by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Letter of Interest for a specific project or both projects.
- For the Data Confidentiality: Identifying and Protecting Assets and Data Against Data Breaches Project, request the DCIP Letter of Interest template.
- For the Data Confidentiality: Detect, Respond to, and Recover from Data Breaches project, request the DCDRR Letter of Interest template.
When completing a Letter of Interest, please ensure that:
- all applicable form fields within the template are completed
- any proffered contributions meet all acceptance criteria described in Section 1, Acceptance of Conditions
- Terms and Conditions in Section 2 are acceptable
- responses to Section 3, Description of Respondent’s Area of Interest, are as specific as possible
- the Letter of Interest is signed and dated
Email completed Letters of Interest to email@example.com.
The NCCoE Data Security Team will contact respondents if there are questions regarding applicability of their contributions to the project’s reference design objective or requirements identified in the Federal Register Notice and detailed in the final project descriptions.
The NCCoE will select participants who have submitted a completed Letter of Interest on a first-come, first-served basis within each category of components or characteristics listed in the Federal Register Notice up to the number of participants in each category necessary to carry out the project build.
If you are interested in joining our Community of Interest, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.